[U-Boot] u-boot Marvell ethernet switch development

Dennis Jacobs dennis.jacobs2 at prodrive-technologies.com
Wed May 2 14:05:32 UTC 2018

Dear U-boot mailing list,

Its the first time I make use of this U-boot mailing list. I am here for a problem I am having recently with u-boot which is part of my graduation project.

I am developing firmware for a Marvell Ethernet switch chip (98DX3336) on the RD-XC3-24G4XG-B (Marvell Ethernet switch). Marvell has provided me with U-boot binary files for UART, SPI etc. I managed to load the U-boot UART binary file trough the UART interface. Showing:

[cid:image003.png at 01D3E22C.D21A6560]

Ok so that is good... now I need to set up my own u-boot environment to add some changes. So I did. I Downloaded u-boot 2013.01 and added marvell configurations. I was able to compile and load the U-boot Uart binary trough the UART interface. The terminal is showing the following:

[cid:image004.png at 01D3E22D.C73E7040]

So ok its loads! But now... I can not perform any commands. All commands are Unknown...
So what I did was checking the configurations and I found out that I have set the CMD configurations. Like CMD_NET etc etc

[cid:image005.png at 01D3E22E.7D8A6070]

Anny one that could help me here? I would really appreciate it. I am struggling with this problem for almost 2 full days now.
Actions I have been taken

-          Tested if help command was realy executed and no other invisible fragments where added.

-          Tested the compilation with 7 different armv7-marvell cross compilers

Left binary is the working one the second binary is mine. It only differs 26 bytes. I noticed that a different cross compiler also changes the size. Sometime more sometimes less. All of the binarys I compiled where executing correctly but not reacting on anny commands

[cid:image006.png at 01D3E22F.61EE8C00]

Please help me.

Kind regards,

Dennis Jacobs
Designer

[Prodrive B.V.]<http://www.prodrive-technologies.com/>
Mobile

+31 62 57 28 194

Phone

+31 40 26 76 200

www.prodrive-technologies.com<http://www.prodrive-technologies.com>

[cid:image002.png at 01D3E22B.A33384D0]

Disclaimer: The content of this e-mail is intended solely for the use of the Individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this communication in error, be aware that forwarding it, copying it, or in any way disclosing its content to any other person, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail immediately.