[U-Boot] mainline u-boot on radxarock (rockchip rk3188) from SDcard

Jaehoon Chung jh80.chung at samsung.com
Thu May 3 23:37:43 UTC 2018

Dear Trevor,

On 05/04/2018 12:13 AM, Trevor Woerner wrote:
> Hi Jaehoon and Kever,
>
> On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 4:11 AM, Jaehoon Chung <jh80.chung at samsung.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 05/02/2018 04:10 PM, Kever Yang wrote:
>>> Hi Trevor,
>>>
>>>     It looks like the mmc driver does not work correctly, and no
>>> emmc/sdcard found.
>>>
>>> Maybe you can enable 'DEBUG' and get more detail about what happen.
>>

> Is enabling DEBUG just a matter of increasing the logging levels
> (CONFIG_LOGLEVEL and CONFIG_LOG_MAX_LEVEL) to 7, or is something else
> required?

I think you can just add the CONFIG_MMC_TRACE in include/configs/<your haeder>.h
Then we can see the command sequence. It's helpful to debug.

>>> Thanks,
>>> - Kever

>> from
>> SDcard:
>>
>> Do you use the dwmmc driver? or which driver are you using?
>> And Could you share which defconfig is used?
>>
>> Plz, CC'd me.
>>

> I'm using rock_defconfig, currently without any changes, as such
> MMC_DW_ROCKCHIP is enabled.

Did you try to check v2018.03? Your log seems that "didn't initialize any card."
You didn't any change? Your bootloader added "-dirty"

U-Boot 2018.01-dirty (Apr 29 2018 - 05:19:18 +0000)

When i didn't work SD-card or eMMC, i follow the below sequence.

1. Check the correct gpio and power.
2. Check the device tree.
3. Check the clock.
4. And then check the device driver.
5. Check the mmc core.

Now. I need to get your information more.
dt file, board name, etc...

If you have a version that it's working fine, then you can try to find a trouble patch with git bisect command.

Best Regards,
Jaehoon Chung