[U-Boot] [RFC] Migrate to Linux Kernel style SPDX Tags for v2018.05

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Mon May 7 11:23:10 UTC 2018

On Mon, May 07, 2018 at 01:56:54PM +0900, Masahiro Yamada wrote:
> > On 04/26/2018 01:26 PM, Tom Rini wrote:
> >> Hey all,
> >>
> >> This was already brought up by  Heinrich Schuchardt, but didn't get much
> >> traction.  So, I'm bringing it up again now.  The little feedback from
> >> that thread was we should move to Linux Kernel style tags.  I'm going to
> >> propose that we do just that, for v2018.05.  I'll play with coccinelle
> >> to get it done.  Comments?  Thanks!
> >
> > We rejected C++ style comments for a long long time , both in U-Boot and
> > in Linux. Why do we accept them now ? I find them horrid and they only
> > bring inconsistency into the coding style.
> >

> Linus changed his mind.
>
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/11/25/133

Thanks for the link!  He, unsurprisingly, makes some good points.  And
having converted all of our tags, we do indeed have a number of places
with unique comment style left.

We also had a small number of cases of incorrect tags which I think if
the tag stood out more might have been caught during review.

--
Tom