[U-Boot] [RFC] Migrate to Linux Kernel style SPDX Tags for v2018.05

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Mon May 7 14:48:28 UTC 2018

On Mon, May 07, 2018 at 01:53:56PM +0200, Marek Vasut wrote:
> On 05/07/2018 03:57 AM, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> > On Sun, May 6, 2018 at 10:45 PM, Tom Rini <trini at konsulko.com> wrote:
> >
> >> The only place they'll now be allowed, just like with the Linux Kernel,
> >> is for the first line SDPX tag in some file formats.  Bringing us in
> >> line with how the kernel goes is overall a good thing I believe.
> >
> > Correct: it is less confusing to have U-Boot and kernel using the same
> > SPDX style.
>
> And also the same inconsistent coding style then ?

A very small part of me wants to go and nuke all of the inconsistent
comment styles we have today scattered around into //-style comments
because _that_ enforces consistency.

"The first line is a //-style comment in C files now and the rest
aren't!" I don't think is a great argument.  And I don't think it's a
greater argument than "The SPDX tag is always the first line (rarely the
second)".

--
Tom