[U-Boot] help on DM

Andy Tang andy.tang at nxp.com
Tue May 8 09:48:35 UTC 2018

Hi Simon,

I am working on enabling DM for sata driver. Previously sata was initialized by calling
the functions ahci_init() and scsi_scan(). Now I plan to use driver/ata/sata_ceva.c as our sata driver.
In board config file I enabled the following configs (dts was added properly):

+CONFIG_DM_SCSI=y
+CONFIG_SATA_CEVA=y
+CONFIG_AHCI=y
+CONFIG_BLK=y
+CONFIG_SCSI_AHCI=y
+CONFIG_SCSI=y

But I always got the "Synchronous Abort" error. I tracked the code and found
dev->uclass_priv was not allocated properly because dev->uclass->uc_drv->per_device_auto_alloc_size is 0.
But I didn't find where I can set per_device_auto_alloc_size or attach a uclass_priv structure to the device.

I am new to DM. Could you please give me some suggestions here?

Thanks,
Andy