[U-Boot] Request for known good GCC toolchain for U-boot/ARM11

Magnus Lilja lilja.magnus at gmail.com
Thu May 10 12:08:05 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I'm trying to make sure that recent U-boot versions still boot on the
i.MX31PDK board and have problems locating/building a toolchain based on
GCC > v6 that produces working images.

The i.MX31PDK uses a ARM1136 core.

My old toolchain, which is a Code Sourcery toolchain for ARM 2014-05
with gcc 4.8.3, produces working bootloader up to and including U-Boot
v2017.11. Later U-boots require GCC > v6 hence my quest for a known good
ARM GCC cross compiler for the ARM11 core.

I tried the Ubuntu 18.04 provided ARM cross compiler and that does not
boot, neither does toolchains I've built using crosstools-ng (GCC 6.4.0
and GCC 8.1). I haven't tried investigating where the boot stops/goes wrong.

My Ubuntu host is a 64-bit machine and the old Sourcery toolchain is
compiled for x32 in case that helps.

Pointers to precompiled known good toolchains for U-boot 2018.xx and
ARM11 are appreciated.

Thanks, Magnus