[U-Boot] Please pull u-boot-marvell/master

Chris Packham judge.packham at gmail.com
Tue May 15 01:23:19 UTC 2018

Hi Tom, Stefan,

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 3:16 AM Stefan Roese <sr at denx.de> wrote:

> Hi Tom,

> (Cc'ing Chris)

> On 14.05.2018 17:11, Tom Rini wrote:
> > On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 01:58:59PM +0200, Stefan Roese wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Tom,
> >>
> >> please pull the following MVEBU related patches from Marek and
> >> Chris.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Stefan
> >>
> >> The following changes since commit
62d77cea31216cad526e5f45c88e8377efc6fcae:

> >>    mmc: Improve tinification (2018-05-13 07:57:32 -0400)
> >>
> >> are available in the Git repository at:
> >>
> >>    git://www.denx.de/git/u-boot-marvell.git
> >>
> >> for you to fetch changes up to
ca734a875dec089c3978663a0ce303d776365b20:

> >>    phy: marvell: a3700: Fix compatible string for ehci (2018-05-14
10:01:56 +0200)

> > Applied to u-boot/master.
> >
> > But please note that drivers/ddr/marvell/a38x/mv_ddr_build_message.c is
> > both missing an SPDX tag and oddly formatted.  I assume there's a good
> > reason those two variables exist in the way they do and that we can't
> > just fold that into some other files, so please look into what the
> > correct SPDX tag and copyright line should be for that content, thanks!

> Thanks Tom, I didn't spot this.

> Chris, I assume that we need this file (this way) for compatibility
> (potential later re-sync) with the Marvell code? Is this correct?
> Or could this be done in a different way? Please check and add the
> SPDX tag and copyright line as requested by Tom.

Yeah it is an oddity. In Marvell's version of the code that file is
actually generated[1] based on the tags/commit id. Which when ported to
u-boot loses some of it's meaning (saying "mv_ddr-armada-17.10.4" is still
helpful to identify which upstream tag we're in sync with). I looked at
folding it into the code but that just increases the delta with the
original upstream code. I'll send a patch to add a SPDX license line to the
top of the file and re-format it.

--
[1] -
https://github.com/MarvellEmbeddedProcessors/mv-ddr-marvell/blob/mv_ddr-armada-17.02/Makefile#L174