[U-Boot] mtd: spi-nor: new NXP FlexSPI driver location & framework to use ?

Jagan Teki jagannadh.teki at gmail.com
Fri May 18 06:24:10 UTC 2018

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 10:31 AM, Prabhakar Kushwaha
<prabhakar.kushwaha at nxp.com> wrote:
> Dear Jagan,

Ohh, there is chance to move this to spi-mem is it?

>> I think for now you can add it mtd/spi with UCLASS_SPI_FLASH driver,
>> Since Boris mentioned about spi-mem(I still need to see the Linux framework
>> for more details) which may be re-placer for spi-nor but once we decided to
>> go with spi-mem or spi-nor then the flexspi can convert accordingly.
>>

> This means,  FlexSPI should be part of driver/mtd/spi-nor for now.
> When You decide way forward(mtd/spi or spi-mem), flexSPI driver can move accordingly.

Due to spi-mem, I'm holding spi-nor driver as of now. we need some
discussion to understand how we implement it in U-Boot and decide to
move further. So I suggest you to use existing sf where we can write
UCLASS_SPI_FLASH driver. Hope you understand.

Jagan.