[U-Boot] [PULL] Please pull u-boot-imx

Ricardo Salveti rsalveti at rsalveti.net
Tue Nov 13 13:42:44 UTC 2018

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 12:52 PM Fabio Estevam <festevam at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Baruch,
>
> On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 12:42 PM, Baruch Siach <baruch at tkos.co.il> wrote:
>
> > I tested current master successfully on Hummingboard2 with i.MX6 Solo
> > (SOM rev 1.5):
>
> Thanks for testing.
>
> It seems we need more information from Peter about the regression he reported.
>
> It would be helpful if Peter could run a bisect so that we could
> understand where the regression is coming from.

Finally got the time to test u-boot 2018.09 on my hummingboard 2 and I
can also confirm the boot issue with imx6q (Hummingboard 2 MicroSOM
i2eX iMX6D - rev 1.3).

The patch set that introduced this regression was part of another pull
request, the one that introduces eMMC booting support (from Jon
Nettleton, e.g. 86e5a7fc13 and 19ed6063a5). After doing some more
testing it seems that the hang happens when trying to verify if the
board has eMMC during runtime (has_emmc -> mmc_get_op_cond(mmc)),
which is not the case for this SOM in particular (and probably why it
works fine on most rev 1.5-based SOMs, as eMMC is usually available
there).

Tested with current u-boot master and the issue is still valid.

Jon, did you have any issue when testing that patch set on SOMs
without eMMC support?

Cheers,
--
Ricardo Salveti de Araujo