[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2018.11 delayed a day

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 13 15:57:01 UTC 2018

Dear Jagan,

In message <CAMty3ZC_u=cigEYqj+fsurU8x=pqLCQ8HbVEsrA1qVFvR3ciWQ at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > That patch is buggy and needs to be respun and retested. I don't think
> > you can push known buggy patch into a release as a fix.
>
> True, ie what my yesterday plan [1] but this seems to break some know
> functionalities in MTD, can't we go with some immediate fix for this?

Your request makes no sense.  You just saw what "immediate fixes"
mean: adding untested code, which will make things not better, but
rahter worse, as you _think_ you have fixed something - while in
fact you have done the opposite.

It is _always_ a Good Thing to allow for sufficient time for
testing.  Even if this delays a release.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
When the ax entered the forest, the trees said, "The handle is one of
us!"                                               -- Turkish proverb