[U-Boot] [swupdate] Re: SWUpdate - U-Boot environment library dependency

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 21 09:20:59 UTC 2018

Dear Stefano,

In message <96836cc1-e4bb-a2a2-05ac-056053b4c426 at denx.de> you wrote:

> I would like to see the library under LGPL instead of GPL2, too, and I
> raised this issue when I started SWUpdate, but I was not very active to
> promote this. Tom, Wolfgang, is there chances to switch license ?

Relicensing requires permission from all who contributed to that
code.

Consider mine as granted.

But someone hat to invest the efforts to analyze the code so we
know who to ask, and then collect all the permissions...

> A env library is very welcomed by many customers, because they could
> integrate it in their application if license allows it.

Agreed.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to  do
it over?                                                - John Wooden