[U-Boot] [U-Boot, v2] Fixes the load command return code under btrfs

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Mon Oct 1 14:51:14 UTC 2018

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 03:01:17PM +0000, Stephane Gilbert wrote:

> On Tue, 2018-09-25 at 21:51 -0400, Tom Rini wrote:
> >
> > Your patch itself seems to have been garbled, please resubmit as v2,
> > thanks!
>
> Here is the resubmission!

OK, sorry, I need a v3.  First, we need a Signed-off-by line.  Second,
please use git send-email to post patches as the whitespace was broken
still.  Finally, please make sure that your commit message (when you do
for example git show) explains the problem and the fix.  In your v1 you
had:
When using the load command with a btrfs filesystem, the return code of
that command if always success even if the command failed. The problem
is the do_load command in fs.c who assume any positive return code from
fs_read as success. However the brtfs read function returns positive
error code in case of failure. Other fs read fonction like fat and ext4
returns negative error codes on failure. So this patch change the
return code of the btrfs read function to be consistent with other read
functions. This way it will be possible to use the return code in the
Hush shell with btrfs file systems as with other filesystems.

And aside from the typo of fonction rather than function, would make a
good message.  I'd have fixed this myself but then I noticed the missing
Signed off by line.  Thanks again!

--
Tom