[U-Boot] Regression: vf610twr build error

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Mon Oct 22 16:05:12 UTC 2018

Hi Alison,

I get a build error when I try to build the vf610 boards. This is not
due to recent patches for the board, but it is implicitly done on the
current tree after other branches were merged, because the resulting
binary becomes bigger.

In fact, it exceeds the maximum size:

        arm:  +   vf610twr_nand
+u-boot-nodtb.bin exceeds file size limit:
+  limit:  520192 bytes
+  actual: 521316 bytes
+  excess: 1124 bytes
+make[1]: *** [u-boot-nodtb.bin] Error 1
+make: *** [sub-make] Error 2
       arm:  +   vf610twr
+u-boot-nodtb.bin exceeds file size limit:
+  limit:  520192 bytes
+  actual: 521492 bytes
+  excess: 1300 bytes
+make[1]: *** [u-boot-nodtb.bin] Error 1
+make: *** [sub-make] Error 2

Anyway, colibry_vf has already set CONFIG_SYS_THUMB_BUILD to optimize
the footprint. I can confirm that setting this to vf610twr fixes the
build - anyway, I have no way to test.

Can you take a look ? If it is ok, CONFIG_SYS_THUMB_BUILD should be
added to both vf610twr_defconfig and vf610twr_nand_defconfig.

Best regards,
Stefano

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de