[U-Boot] socfpga cyclone5 dts

Simon Goldschmidt simon.k.r.goldschmidt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 20:48:56 UTC 2018

On 18.10.2018 23:04, Marek Vasut wrote:
> On 10/18/2018 10:20 PM, Simon Goldschmidt wrote:
>>
>> Marek Vasut <marek.vasut at gmail.com <mailto:marek.vasut at gmail.com>>
>> schrieb am Do., 18. Okt. 2018, 22:15:
>>
>>      On 10/18/2018 09:28 PM, Simon Goldschmidt wrote:
>>      > Hi Marek,
>>
>>      Hi,
>>
>>      > I was playing with updating the dts files for cyclone5 (and
>>      arria5) from
>>      > current kernel sources, but I found that the kernel as 4 boards that
>>      > U-Boot doesn't have and U-Boot has 6 boards that the kernel
>>      doesn't have.
>>
>>      Thanks for doing this, really appreciated (even though it probably
>>      doesn't look that way most of the time).
>>
>>      And yikes, which boards are where , can you list the problematic ones?
>>
>>      > How should I proceed here? Should I copy new boards from the kernel?
>>      > Should I keep U-Boot-only boards and try to adjust them to changes (if
>>      > any)?
>>
>>      I'd say sync as much as possible with kernel and the rest, update. I
>>      don't think there are any real board specific things which would prevent
>>      the update in those DTs missing in the kernel.
>>

>> Ok, I'll just try and prepare a patch that ports the existing boards and
>> mentions the boards not ported from current kernel sources. I don't want
>> to remove boards from U-Boot, so we'll just have to test those not in Linux.
> Sounds good!

After a short test run, I decided to first ask for the boards before
preparing a patch:

Boards in U-Boot but not in Linux (not updated):
- socfpga_cyclone5_dbm_soc1.dts
- socfpga_cyclone5_de0_nano_soc.dts (is this
'socfpga_cyclone5_de0_sockit.dts'?)
- socfpga_cyclone5_de1_soc.dts
- socfpga_cyclone5_de10_nano.dts
- socfpga_cyclone5_is1.dts
- socfpga_cyclone5_sr1500.dts

Boards in Linux but not in U-Boot:
- socfpga_cyclone5_de0_sockit.dts (is this
'socfpga_cyclone5_de0_nano_soc.dts'?)
- socfpga_cyclone5_sodia.dts

Also, Dinh has enabled the watchdog nearly 4 years ago in
socfpga_cyclone5.dtsi but U-Boot doesn't. Should we keep it enabled or
disable it in the U-Boot specific dts files?

Thanks,
Simon