[U-Boot] socfpga cyclone5 dts

Simon Goldschmidt simon.k.r.goldschmidt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 08:52:41 UTC 2018

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 10:42 AM Marek Vasut <marex at denx.de> wrote:

> On 10/22/2018 10:48 PM, Simon Goldschmidt wrote:

> >> Sounds good!
> >
> > After a short test run, I decided to first ask for the boards before
> > preparing a patch:
> >
> > Boards in U-Boot but not in Linux (not updated):
> > - socfpga_cyclone5_dbm_soc1.dts
>
> Hum, I should upstream that one.
>
> > - socfpga_cyclone5_de0_nano_soc.dts (is this
> > 'socfpga_cyclone5_de0_sockit.dts'?)
>
> There is no de0-sockit. There is de0-nano-soc and there is sockit ,
> these are two different boards.

Fixed in linux-next, I compared 4.19, see below.

> > - socfpga_cyclone5_de1_soc.dts
> > - socfpga_cyclone5_de10_nano.dts
>
> These should be upstream.

But they aren't? Or did you mean "these should be upstreamed"? By whom?

> > - socfpga_cyclone5_is1.dts
> > - socfpga_cyclone5_sr1500.dts
>
> CCing Stefan.
>
> > Boards in Linux but not in U-Boot:
> > - socfpga_cyclone5_de0_sockit.dts (is this
> > 'socfpga_cyclone5_de0_nano_soc.dts'?)
>
> Wasn't this removed to de0-nano-soc in next ?

Yes, sorry, I was comparing v4.19, not linux-next. You're right that
this is renamed in linux-next.

> > - socfpga_cyclone5_sodia.dts
> >
> > Also, Dinh has enabled the watchdog nearly 4 years ago in
> > socfpga_cyclone5.dtsi but U-Boot doesn't. Should we keep it enabled or
> > disable it in the U-Boot specific dts files?
>
> Disable it in board files to keep the current behavior.

Do we enable such things in the "-u-boot.dtsi" "overlay" as well?
Because when adding it to the dts, we end up having diffs again...

Simon