[U-Boot] MT76XX-driver

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Oct 23 16:12:46 UTC 2018

Hi Weijie,

On 23.10.18 17:43, Weijie Gao wrote:
> mt7622 is an ARMv8 soc and its ethernet is different from mt7622 anyway.
> It's better to name it mt7628-eth or rt5350-eth because mt7628/mt7688
> actually reuse the ethernet from rt5350.

Okay, I'll send another version shortly - probably using 7628, as
I don't want to introduce rt5350 now.

> In fact arch/mips/mach-mt7620 should be named mach-mt7628 as mt7628
> and mt7628 have so many differences in low level codes and drivers.

Yes, thanks. I'll probably follow-up with renaming the base MIPS
port to mt7628 soon.

This MediaTek SoC naming is very inconsistent and "foggy". At least
for me.

> BTW, the offical mt7622 u-boot support will be submitted later by MTK.
> mt7621 may also be submitted.

That's good to hear. Do you know if there is any interest from MTK
to work on the new mainline MT7628 / 7688 MIPS in mainline? I would
very much welcome this.

Thanks,
Stefan