[U-Boot] rk3288 SPL size

Philipp Tomsich philipp.tomsich at theobroma-systems.com
Fri Apr 5 17:41:48 UTC 2019

Wadim,

> On 05.04.2019, at 12:10, Wadim Egorov <w.egorov at phytec.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> it seems the new common rockchip pinctrl driver does not really fit into
> our phycore-rk3288 SPL setup. It works for every other rk3288 based
> board because they don't need special power configurations at the SPL stage.

I recommend to implement a simple-pinctrl for SPL, which is similar to what
we’ve done for the RK3399 (not on the list yet, as it’s collocated with a bigger
rework of the DMC initialisation that reads some data from an I2C EEPROM).

As you’ll probably need to do this initialisation even at the TPL stage (if you
use one on the RK3288), then the simple pinctrl will need to be available
at TPL.

Thanks,
Phiilipp.