[U-Boot] rk3288 SPL size

Jonathan Gray jsg at jsg.id.au
Tue Apr 16 06:49:12 UTC 2019

On Fri, Apr 05, 2019 at 12:10:21PM +0200, Wadim Egorov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it seems the new common rockchip pinctrl driver does not really fit into
> our phycore-rk3288 SPL setup. It works for every other rk3288 based
> board because they don't need special power configurations at the SPL stage.

It turns out tinker-rk3288 SPL no longer fits in 2019.04 and previously
worked fine in 2019.01.

Warning: SPL image is too large (size 0x8800) and will not boot
Error: image verification failed

built with gcc-linaro 6.3.2017.02

bisecting led to the pinctrl changes.

with SPL_PINCTRL_ROCKCHIP disabled it fits and U-Boot output on
serial gets as far as the efi loader then no output appears on serial
when a kernel is loaded.