[U-Boot] tbs2910 not buildable

Soeren Moch smoch at web.de
Sun Apr 14 10:46:25 UTC 2019

Hi Stefano,

On 14.04.19 11:52, stefano babic wrote:
> Hallo Soeren,
>
> after pulling from Tom and merging u-boot-imx, - next, your board is not
> buildable anymore. Better: it is buildable, but size exceeds:
>
>        arm:  +   tbs2910
> +u-boot.imx exceeds file size limit:
> +  limit:  392192 bytes
> +  actual: 396288 bytes
> +  excess: 4096 bytes
>
> Just dropping CONFIG_EFI_PARTITION (I supposed EFI is not used on this
> board), solves the issue. I can do myself in this way or let me know
> what is your preferred way.

Hm, the full name of this board is "TBS2910 Matrix ARM mini PC", so it
is supposed to provide a full PC environment. It supports booting from
SATA, and such disk may as well be partitioned with EFI. It is really
terrible to drop user visible features, just to support a new "driver
model" that is supposed to ease life for developers, but in fact is much
work and a real pain for maintainers of existing boards, and brings
exactly nothing for the board's users.

So much for that. Now to your question.

Would be OK for me to drop CONFIG_EFI_PARTITION for now since it is more
important to get this series merged, because other boards also depend on
the SATA patches. We can readd EFI_PARTITION support later. For sure
there will be more patches in this development cycle.
But if you can wait a few hours, I will look for a better solution, or
send a formal patch for this CONFIG_EFI_PARTITION removal.

Thanks,
Soeren