[U-Boot] DE10 Nano U-Boot v2019.04 Issues

Simon Goldschmidt simon.k.r.goldschmidt at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 07:23:16 UTC 2019

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 1:16 AM rafael mello <rafaelmello_3 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Simon,
> Thank you for the repply.
> >> You probably should use mrproper here, not distclean?
> I do agree, mrproper should be used.
>
> >> So what's $CC set to? I don't think you need ARCH=arm, works without that for me.
> Sorry, I forgot to say that ${CC} is pointig to Linaro gcc folder.
>
> >>So SPL runs fine but it doesn't load U-Boot? Or does it fail running  anything? Please send the console output, if any.
> Reggarding the console output, there is none when I set CONFIG_DEFAULT_DEVICE_TREE=“socfpga_cyclone5_de10_nano”.

OK, so there's probably something wrong with getting the console.
After checking that dts,
could you add the following line to the &uart{} node in the de10 dts:

clock-frequency = <100000000>;

If that still doesn't work, try to enable debug uart to see any output.

> >>I don't see the file socfpga_cyclone5_de0_nano_soc.dts, where does it come from?
> I'm relating to the original files from the U-Boot source, the path is arch/arm/dts/<filename>, but I can attach the files if it's needded.

Ah, no, I failed to see the "de10" vs. "de0". However,

Regards,
Simon