[U-Boot] efi_loader: LoadOptions (bootargs)

Heinrich Schuchardt xypron.glpk at gmx.de
Thu Aug 22 17:53:46 UTC 2019

On 8/22/19 11:03 AM, AKASHI Takahiro wrote:
> Heinrich,
>
> I'm now wondering whether LoadedImage's LoadOptions, which comes
> from "bootargs" variable, should contain a command(application) name
> as a first argument or not.
>
> When I tried some efi application (efitools), I found that it expected
> so. For example, efitools' UpdateVars.efi takes
>      Usage: UpdateVars.efi: [-g guid] [-a] [-e] [-b] var file
>
> and I had to passed arguments by specifying "foo db DB.auth" for
> "bootargs" where foo makes no sense.
>
> What do you think about this issue?

Do you relate to
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/efitools.git?

This style of parsing LoadOptions is defined by the EFI shell. See
function ParseCommandLineToArgs() in
ShellPkg/Application/Shell/ShellParametersProtocol.c.

If UpdateVars.efi would work differently it could not be launched via
the shell.

Best regards

Heinrich