i.MX8MM-EVK Boot failure

Adam Ford aford173 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 15:42:32 CET 2019

I am trying to run the latest master

4b19b89ca4a866b7baa642533e6dbd67cd832d27
with the clock patches applied for 8mm, but I am getting a boot
failure when I follow the instructions in the README, which are also a
bit wrong.  (the firmware versions don't match, and the ./firmware
command is missing the trailing '.bin', but it's trivial.)

What comes out of the kit with DEBUG enabled is:

(bunch of stuff deleted)

[PMU Major message = 0x000000fe]
[PMU Major message = 0x00000007]
Training PASS
DDRINFO: ddrphy config done
DDRINFO:ddrphy calibration done
DDRINFO: ddrmix config done
>>SPL: board_init_r()
using memory lx-lx for malloc()
spl_init
Normal Boot
Trying to boot from MMC1
common/dlmalloc.c:792: do_check_inuse_chunk: Assertion `inuse(p)' failed.
resetting ...

The above sequence repeats again and again.  I didn't put all the junk
into the log because it looked like everything seemed OK until the
dlmalloc failure at the end.  If someone has any suggestions, I'd like
to try the 8mm-evk with a modern U-Boot.

thank you,

adam