i.MX8MM-EVK Boot failure

Adam Ford aford173 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 13:50:51 CET 2019

On Sat, Dec 7, 2019 at 12:25 PM Tom Rini <trini at konsulko.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 07, 2019 at 08:42:32AM -0600, Adam Ford wrote:
>
> > I am trying to run the latest master
> >
> > 4b19b89ca4a866b7baa642533e6dbd67cd832d27
> > with the clock patches applied for 8mm, but I am getting a boot
> > failure when I follow the instructions in the README, which are also a
> > bit wrong.  (the firmware versions don't match, and the ./firmware
> > command is missing the trailing '.bin', but it's trivial.)
> >
> > What comes out of the kit with DEBUG enabled is:
> >
> > (bunch of stuff deleted)
> >
> > [PMU Major message = 0x000000fe]
> > [PMU Major message = 0x00000007]
> > Training PASS
> > DDRINFO: ddrphy config done
> > DDRINFO:ddrphy calibration done
> > DDRINFO: ddrmix config done
> > using memory lx-lx for malloc()
> > spl_init
> > Normal Boot
> > Trying to boot from MMC1
> > common/dlmalloc.c:792: do_check_inuse_chunk: Assertion `inuse(p)' failed.
> > resetting ...
> >
> > The above sequence repeats again and again.  I didn't put all the junk
> > into the log because it looked like everything seemed OK until the
> > dlmalloc failure at the end.  If someone has any suggestions, I'd like
> > to try the 8mm-evk with a modern U-Boot.
>
> I think (per the thread about fixing one of the colibri platforms) this
> also needs a CONFIG_FSL_ESDHC -> CONFIG_FSL_ESDHC_IMX fix in the board
> file.

I am not seeing a reference to either CONFIG_FSL_ESDHC or
CONFIG_FSL_ESDHC_IMX in the imx8mm_evk board files, and it appears as
if the device tree and DM_SPL stuff is managing the drivers.  The
defconfig file is enabling CONFIG_FSL_ESDHC_IMX.

It seems like a memory issue based on:
   common/dlmalloc.c:792: do_check_inuse_chunk: Assertion `inuse(p)' failed.

adam