[U-Boot] [GIT PULL] Pull request: u-boot-imx u -boot-imx-20190101

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Wed Jan 9 15:48:06 UTC 2019

Hi Tom,

On 02/01/19 02:02, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 01, 2019 at 02:51:53PM +0100, Stefano Babic wrote:
>
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> I dropped for the moment the following patches from Denis:
>>
>>       bootcount: i2c: Add bus switching to the I2C bootcount driver
>>       bootcount: Configure length limit for I2C bootcount
>>       board: ge: Store bootcount in EEPROM on PPD and Bx50v3
>>
>> I used the same hack and PowerPC boards are built successfully on
>> travis. Please pull from u-boot-imx, thanks !
>>
>> The following changes since commit d117d8f19b0625f88309e47a8a32c2faa384dddc:
>>
>>   Merge branch 'master' of git://git.denx.de/u-boot-i2c (2018-12-13
>> 09:36:55 -0500)
>>
>> are available in the Git repository at:
>>
>>   git://www.denx.de/git/u-boot-imx.git tags/u-boot-imx-20190101
>>
>> for you to fetch changes up to 57d2beb91d705bccdfee5e9e5fd267f5e363a100:
>>
>>   pico-imx7d: Increase the CONFIG_ENV_OFFSET size (2019-01-01 14:12:18
>> +0100)
>>

> tl;dr:
> Applied to u-boot/master, thanks!
>
> Slightly longer.  I'm both not happy about taking something still this
> large so close to the end of the release and also at fault for it being
> so late.

Sorry for that.

>  I started my holidays a week early so I didn't bisect the
> build failure until it was too late.  That said, it's also a strong
> reminder of why everyone is encouraged to put their PR through travis.

Up now, a method for maintainer to check a PR was to use buildman. If
buildman (at least for the maintained architecture) does not report
errors, I sent my PR. I think I missed that a switch to Travis is now
requested.

This also means that after a local test via buildman, each maintainer
should wait until travis reports its result for all architecture. I
mean, each maintainer triggers the same build and gets the result at
least one day later. Should not be better if this is done just once when
PR are merged into your tree and if ther eare some issues they are
reported back to the corresponding maintainer ?

Best regards,
Stefano

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de