[U-Boot] no DTB with nand SPL on sama5d3

Simon Goldschmidt simon.k.r.goldschmidt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 09:05:47 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 10:02 AM <Eugen.Hristev at microchip.com> wrote:

> On 16.01.2019 21:05, Daniel Evans wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Yes, I am trying to load the U-boot SPL
> >
> > What I posted previously was a custom board.  I switched over to the sama5d3_xplained and all I get with sama5d3_xplained_nandflash_defconfig is ROMBOOT.
>
> This is definitely weird. Are you using vanilla u-boot and no changes on
> top with the sama5d3_xplained? Looks like not even your console works in
> spl, or, you have a bad binary .

With debug uart enabled it shows the DTB is missing. So when using the
mainline defconfig (where debug uart is disabled) it fails to find a console as
the DTB is missing. That's unfortunate, but expected behaviour with DM_SERIAL,
I guess.

I don't know the hardware, but the real problem seems to me that the binary
being flashed is somehow missing the DTB?

Regards,
Simon