[U-Boot] [RFC] arch/arm/lib/reloc_aarch64_efi.c

Heinrich Schuchardt xypron.glpk at gmx.de
Mon Jan 21 00:26:15 UTC 2019

Hello Simon,

unfortunately I could not find any documentation for
arch/arm/lib/reloc_aarch64_efi.c.

EFI binaries never rely on dynamically loaded libraries.
So there will never be any dynamic symbols in an EFI binary.
There will not be any GOT either.

Relocation is handled by the firmware (e.g. in our efi_load_pe()).

So it is unclear to me why the function _relocate() is needed which
tries to deal with dynamic symbols.

elf.h defines an array _DYNAMIC[] used as argument for _relocate(). But
I could not find any place where it is actually implemented. So I assume
that the output of _relocate() is rather undefined.

As the function _relocate() was once introduced by one of your patches I
hope you can provide me some insight, please.

Best regards

Heinrich