[U-Boot] [RFC] ARM: omap3_logic_somlv: Enable OF_CONTROL in SPL

Felix Brack fb at ltec.ch
Thu Jan 24 13:19:26 UTC 2019

Hello Adam,

On 23.01.2019 22:13, Adam Ford wrote:
> By removing EXT support from SPL, it makes room for the extra
> overhead of enabling OF_CONTROL in SPL.  With SPL_OF_CONTROL
> enabled, extra options need to be added to the device tree to
> tell it which portions of the tree are needed early in boot time
>
> Unfortunately, with these options as-is, the system doesn't boot
> nor does it display anything on the UART.  I don't have a debugger
> readily available, but I have seen others with AM33x boards which
> are similar to OMAP3 boards. This is posted as an RFC just in case
> anyone has any suggestions on what  might be missing.

On an AM335x board I had problems when moving from embedded to separate
DTB. Even if deprecated you should probably give CONFIG_OF_EMBED a try.
If this works you could go back to CONFIG_OF_SEPARATE and probably give
CONFIG_SPL_SEPARATE_BSS a try.
Also CONFIG_DEBUG_UART (assumed the pin configuration is working) did
help me quite a lot.

regards Felix