[U-Boot] Probing flash before Env setup (Env in UBI)

Dominik Vogt dominik.vogt at gmx.de
Tue Jan 29 16:20:48 UTC 2019

Hi folks,

I'm new to uboot and couldn't figure out how to get
"CONFIG_ENV_IS_IN_UBI" to work (on a nor flash) yet.

Basically, ubi and ubifs work fine.  The mtd device (a nor flash)
is supported and works.  It is formatted with ubiformat and
contains two volumes with a ubifs on each of them.

The "partition" is named "nor0" and the volumes are "env-uboot"
and "env-uboot-redund".

--

Now, when the board boots, it tries to load the envorinment and
fails:

-- snip --
  *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

  ** Cannot find mtd partition "nor0"
-- snip --

The first line looks like the output from "sf probe", but "mtd
list" just says:

  List of MTD devices:
  No MTD device found

Well, I guess I just have to run

  sf probe
  ubi part nor0

before loading he environment, but I couldn't figure out how to do
that, except by adding some C code to board_init_f().

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--

Dominik Vogt