[U-Boot] Nand boot on imx6q board is broken

Adam Ford aford173 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 17:25:53 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 7:58 AM Shyam Saini <shyam at amarulasolutions.com> wrote:

> Hi Adam,
>
> Thanks a lot for replying.
>

> > I spent some time trying to make the imx6q_logic board boot from SPL
> > from NAND, but I needed to patch a few things.   Some of them have yet
> > to be approved, but if they work for you, maybe it will help get them
> > approved.
> >
> > There was a broken function pointer here that was fixed and applied
> > the imx-master, but pending merge with master
> > http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1019440/
> >
> > Configure ECC from SPL here:
> > http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1020160/
> >
> > Remove hard-coded ECC parameters since the patch above can autoset them.
> > http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1026638/
> >
> > With those 3 patches and some minor changes to my individual board
> > file and config file, I was able to boot 2019.01 via SPL from NAND.
> > Since it was working for you before, I am guessing the board file
> > stuff and config file stuff is probably already for you.
>

> I did apply the above mentioned 3 patches but nand boot is still not working.
>
> Here are debug enabled boot logs
> https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/dmcwqzv6Sk/

Your U-Boot version shows the version is U-Boot SPL
2016.09-rc2-gc347b70c408b which is a couple years old.  Can you try
2019.01 with those patches I mentioned or the imx branch?  I know
there have been changes to U-Boot over time.

The last of the patches I applied to set the final configuration
settings for my board to boot from NAND are here:
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1024016/

I don't know if that helps your board or not.

adam