[U-Boot] [BUG] Wandboard fails to boot via U-Boot bootefi, GRUB

Leif Lindholm leif.lindholm at linaro.org
Tue Jul 2 17:25:09 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jul 02, 2019 at 07:12:11PM +0200, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:
> > After LoadImage is called, the EFI stub of the kernel image determines
> > where the runtime kernel is going to be decompressed to (and I think
> > relocates zImage if necessary), and reserves this area, before
> > actually jumping to the zImage:
> > https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/tree/drivers/firmware/efi/libstub/arm32-stub.c?h=v4.19.55#n194
> >
> > This always felt somewhat precarious to me.
> >
> > Could you possibly:
> > - add 'set debug=linux' in your grub.cfg and paste the logs
> > - add some printouts to arm32-stub.c
>
> Is kernel v4.19.55 fine or should I use 5.2-rc7?

Well, you're seeing the issue on 4.19.55, so I think we should
investigate that. The only value I would see would be a sanity check
if the behaviour still exists with 5.2-rc7 (and if it doesn't use that
as help to determine what's going on).

I would be surprised if the behaviour has changed.

Regards,

Leif