[U-Boot] Getting address and size of loadable images through DT

Rossier Daniel Daniel.Rossier at heig-vd.ch
Fri Jul 5 07:13:49 UTC 2019

Dear all,
I would like to use a FIT its description with two images (one hypervisor, one Linux kernel).
I'm starting the hypervisor with bootm <itb_addr> and I would like to retrieve the start address and size of the Linux kernel image
in my hypervisor. Ideally, I would like to get that through a dynamically created entry in the device tree passed to the hypervisor
(the DT being contained in the its file as well).
I discovered the fdt_record_loadable() function which could do the job, but this function does not seem not be called systematically
when such loadables are present (and a device tree).

Any suggestion to achieve this? Do I need to patch U-boot some way?

Many thanks for your support.

Kind regards
Daniel