[U-Boot] U-Boot/EBBR plugfest at ELC-EU?

Daniel Kiper daniel.kiper at oracle.com
Mon Jul 8 10:13:07 UTC 2019

Sorry for late reply but I am busy...

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 11:42:06AM +0100, Leif Lindholm wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 12:17:54PM +0200, Alexander Graf wrote:
> > On 28.06.19 12:03, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:
> > > I would be interested in joining. I hope that for the plugfest no ELC conference ticket will be needed.
> >
> > The easiest option for that would be to submit a talk to ELC-E. IIRC the CfP
> > is still open until July 1st. You could easily give one on "Progress in UEFI
> > support on U-Boot" or "What it takes to run the edk2 Shell outside of edk2"
> > or whatever :). You have plenty content to pull from.
> >
> > If the talk goes in, that helps visibility and gets you free ticket - maybe
> > even travel sponsorship! :)
> >
> > > The problems with booting Linux via U-Boot UEFI I know of are on
> > > 32bit ARM systems.  It could be helpful to have GRUB developers
> > > joining.
> >
> > Let's make sure Daniel and Leif are on CC then :).
> >
> > Daniel, Leif, would you be available?
>
> I don't know yet - UEFI Asia plugfest date hasn't been decided yet,
> and is likely to end up around the same time. And actually another
> unrelated event too.
>
> Certainly, Lyon is a quite convenient train journey from here :)
>
> But I'm also happy to look into GRUB issues on 32-bit systems remotely
> if someone could point me at them.

I am not planning to be at ELC-E but I can help remotely if it is
needed. However, there is another option. There is pretty good chance
that I will get a MC slot at LPC. I am looking for people who want to
talk. The overall plan is to devote this MC for boot stuff with focus
on security. So, this maybe good place to discuss this. However, I am
not ARM expert, so, I would like to see Leif and/or Alex or somebody
else familiar with ARM stuff there too.

Daniel