[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2019.07 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Mon Jul 8 19:25:31 UTC 2019

Hey all,

So it is release day and once again we've had a few important fixes come
in over the last few days.  But I still feel comfortable doing the
release today.  Our next release is v2019.10 and I am hopeful this cycle
of fixes coming in at the end will happen, rather than seeing problems
discovered after release.

After the last release we had seen DM conversion deadlines pass, and
then in some cases we've seen some more conversion progress and in
others we're still working on it, and in still other cases we've just
removed features to see if people are in fact using the hardware still.
With v2019.07 we've now gone past the deadline for some block devices
and PCI and SPI flash, so I expect things to be moving to requiring
CONFIG_DEPRECATED now.

So with that, the merge window is open and we're looking at doing the
v2019.07 release on July 8th, 2019.

Please note that there may be a problem with getting the release tarball
if you get it via http/https.  We are aware of the issue and it is being
looked into now.

Thanks all!

--
Tom