[U-Boot] OMAP GPMC Controller U-Boot Class Type

Adam Ford aford173 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 20:44:19 UTC 2019

I was curious to know if there is a recommendation for for what class
should be used for the OMAP3's general purpose memory controller.  It
it a bus that is memory addressed with chip selects for various parts
and has a variety of registers setup to determine the timings for the
communication.  Several OMAP3 devices use this bus for the NAND and
NOR addressing as well as Ethernet.

I'm considering adding some code to read the timings from the device
tree to change the GPMC bus timings to match.  The U-Boot defaults
work, but I think they are a bit conservative, and I'd like to
optimize the performance.

Thanks,

adam