[U-Boot] [RFC] travis-ci: source for grub*.efi

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Wed Jul 17 14:33:28 UTC 2019

On Sat, Jul 06, 2019 at 10:11:13AM +0200, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:

> Hello Tom,
>
> currently we extract grub*.efi either from Ubuntu or from Suse packages
> and use these for test/py/tests/test_efi_loader.py. This implies that we
> do not have test files for architectures that are not supported by
> Ubuntu and Suse, i.e. RISC-V. Furthermore any change in the packages may
> hit us.
>
> One solution is to host the grub*.efi files on gitlab.denx.de. Due to
> the GPL license this would require also to keep a copy of the GRUB code
> and the scripts we use to create the grub*.efi files.
>
> Another possibility is to build the files on the fly in Travis like we
> do for QEMU. But I think this is a waste of build time.

One thought I have here is that with the switch to GitLab hosted by
DENX, we should look at configuring jobs such that we can perhaps pass
artifacts around?   Then just have a project that is "just" a clone of
GRUB and does the build we need to have EFI binaries we need.  This
would cover the GPL needs and be a little cleaner looking.

--
Tom