[U-Boot] Updating uboot from 2015.04 to 2017.03 - doubts and other questions

Nemanja Savic vlasinac at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 21:21:53 UTC 2019

Thank you Adam for your answer. Sounds like a good starting point for me.
Additionally I would like to ask you further questions regarding your
answers.

> 3. Is device tree used by u-boot the same device tree later used by linu
>
>> > kernel?
>>
>> On my imx6q_logic board, the device tree is appended to the code, but
>> it's only used for U-Boot and or SPL.  SPL is the secondary program
>> loader, and it has a much reduced device tree because of the limited
>> space.  I load a separate device tree for the kernel, because I keep
>> the kernels and their respecive device trees in sync to prevent
>> issues.

Does that mean that dtb is already part of the u-boot image? After making
mx6sabreauto_defconfig, the u-boot binary is called something like (I am
not at work at the moment) uboot-dtb.imx, which might imply that dtb is
already part of the binary?

Another question is, which macro or function should I use to print simple
debug messages from the driver function such as probe, etc ...?

Cheers!