[U-Boot] Please pull u-boot-dm (take 2)

Simon Goldschmidt simon.k.r.goldschmidt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 07:13:26 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 10:22 PM Tom Rini <trini at konsulko.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 10:09:29PM +0200, Simon Goldschmidt wrote:
> > Am 24.07.2019 um 22:03 schrieb Simon Glass:
> > >Hi Tom,

> > >OK, this is another update that is needed to the gitlab config, this
> > >time the --toolpath argument. Will send an update.
> > >
> > >I was rather hoping that pushing to gitlab u-boot-dm would start a
> > >build but it does not, for me. I probably need to do some more
> > >reading.
> > >
> > >BTW Is there an intent to shut down travis?
> >
> > Even if everyone seems to be switching to gitlab, can we keep the travis
> > config in the repository? That makes it easy for people (like me) creating a
> > github clone to ensure the world keeps building after a patch.
> >
> > Or is there a similar free and easy to use gitlab service comparable to
> > travis?
>
> So that's the rub.  There are free "runners" in GitLab terms for
> projects but they are limited in time to I think an hour per job, so we
> get back to the unmaintainable mess of splitting the build like we have
> on Travis.  Anyone can use their own machine as the runner, but that may
> or may not be faster or even slower than Travis is.

I can assure you using my own PC is not an option for me compared to Travis.
I don't know how many non-custodians there are using this (and I can probably
arrange with Marek to use socfpga custodian access), but having a free-to-use
CI seems worth much to me.

I don't know how much effort it is to keep and maintain the Travis config
files though...

Regards,
Simon