[U-Boot] [BUG] Build failure conga-qeval20-qa3-e3845

Bin Meng bmeng.cn at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 08:56:56 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jul 28, 2019 at 4:33 PM Heinrich Schuchardt <xypron.glpk at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 7/28/19 9:41 AM, Bin Meng wrote:
> > +Stefan
> >
> > Hi Heinrich,
> >
> > On Sun, Jul 28, 2019 at 2:32 PM Heinrich Schuchardt <xypron.glpk at gmx.de> wrote:
> >>

> >> Hello Tom,
> >>
> >> origin/master commit bfe28bc70fc8b192878d6e8b7f7db344091643cf fails to
> >> build conga-qeval20-qa3-e3845 on Debian Buster:
> >>

> > I cannot reproduce it. Did you set CONFIG_BUILD_ROM = y?
>
> My expectation is that if I call 'make
> conga-qeval20-qa3-e3845_defconfig' it sets all necessary configuration
> options to build successfully. This defconfig results in
>
> # CONFIG_BUILD_ROM is not set

Sorry I was not clear. CONFIG_BUILD_ROM should not be set. When it is
unset, it does not touch descriptor.bin. I thought you previously had
it enabled hence binman tried to find descriptor.bin.

> Setting CONFIG_BUILD_ROM=y does not solve the problem.
>
> Did you delete all *.bin files before testing? 'make mrproper' does not
> delete *.bin from the build path. Shouldn't it remove generated *.bin?

*.bin in the board directory is kept there because it's not generated
during U-Boot build.

I still cannot reproduce this. Not sure what's wrong.

Regards,
Bin