[U-Boot] command 'saveenv' fails to write into QSPI memory Macronix MX25U25645GMI00

Manoel, Florian florian.manoel at siemens.com
Wed Jun 19 07:45:44 UTC 2019

Hello U-Boot community,

This is my first mail to this mailing list, so I quickly present myself and expose my problem .

I am Florian Manoel, working for Siemens AG in Germany. We are developing a custom board based on the processor NXP QorlQ Layerscape LS1043a (quad Cortex-A53 64-bit cores). We choosed to boot on QSPI memory.

Some works have already been done for our custom board concerning U-Boot :

*       Specific _defconfig and other files
*       NXP prebootloader configured for QSPI Boot
*       Specific Lauterbach scripts
*       Adding the QSPI memory to the Device Tree
*       Adding the freescale(NXP) SPI drivers to the config
*       ...

We are now at the point where U-Boot compiles, boots on our board up to the console.

However,  while making some test, I notice that the command 'saveenv' fails (Failed (-2)). I searched information on the net without success.

So, I would like to get support concerning this problem. Did some of you already use this memory (Macronix MX25U25645GMI00) in QSPI mode ? If yes, did you also encounter this problem ?

Any advice are welcome.

Of course, I can provide more details.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Florian Manoël

Siemens AG
Digital Industries
Process Automation
Software House Khe
DI PA CI R&D 2
Östliche Rheinbrückenstr. 50
76187 Karlsruhe, Deutschland
Tel.: +49 721 595-1433
mailto:florian.manoel at siemens.com
www.siemens.com/ingenuityforlife<https://siemens.com/ingenuityforlife>

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jim Hagemann Snabe; Vorstand: Joe Kaeser, Vorsitzender; Roland Busch, Lisa Davis, Klaus Helmrich, Janina Kugel, Cedrik Neike, Michael Sen, Ralf P. Thomas; Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin und München, Deutschland; Registergericht: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, München, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 23691322