[U-Boot] i.MX8MQ: u-boot-spl-ddr.bin not found

Chris Spencer spencercw at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 08:33:35 UTC 2019

On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 at 01:49, Peng Fan <peng.fan at nxp.com> wrote:
> > Hi Peng,
> >
> > On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 10:17 PM Peng Fan <peng.fan at nxp.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Did you execute `make flash.bin`?
> >
> > Yes, I did, but flash.bin is not generated for me in mainline U-Boot tree, only in
> > u-boot-imx tree.
>
> That's weird, I did not meet issues. My command as following:
>
> . /opt/fsl-imx-internal-xwayland/4.14-sumo/environment-setup-aarch64-poky-linux
> make CC="$CC" imx8mq_evk_defconfig
> make CC="$CC"  flash.bin
>
> Regards,
> Peng.

Works for me on the current U-Boot master as well. What happens when
you run the make script for u-boot-spl-ddr.bin manually?
make -f ./scripts/Makefile.build srctree=. obj=arch/arm/mach-imx
spl/u-boot-spl-ddr.bin

Or try running the tool directly:
srctree=. ./tools/imx8m_image.sh spl/u-boot-spl.cfgout 1

Chris