[U-Boot] [U-Boot, v10, 04/10] fdt: parse "reserved-memory" for memory reservation

Marek Vasut marek.vasut at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 23:36:12 UTC 2019

On 3/6/19 12:26 AM, Eugeniu Rosca wrote:
> Simon, Marek, All,

Hi,

> Booting Linux on H3-ES2.0-Salvator-X, this patch contributes with
> below runtime errors:
>
> ERROR: reserving fdt memory region failed (addr=54000000 size=3000000)
> ERROR: reserving fdt memory region failed (addr=57000000 size=1000000)
> ERROR: reserving fdt memory region failed (addr=58000000 size=18000000)
> ERROR: reserving fdt memory region failed (addr=70000000 size=10000000)
>
> I use rcar-3.9.2 device trees from:
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/horms/renesas-bsp.git/tree/arch/arm64/boot/dts/renesas/r8a7795-salvator-x.dts?h=rcar-3.9.2

BSP DTs are not supported, we're moving to Linux 5.0 DTs in the next
release, I'll be posting patches once they receive proper testing. The
patches are here [1], along M3N ULCB support, which I believe is broken
thus far and so none of that is posted to the ML yet. I'll be fixing
that at the end of month, once I have physical access to the board (and
there's more stuff coming :) )

[1] https://github.com/marex/u-boot-sh/tree/m3nulcb-v1

> The mainline v5.0 device trees lack the reserved-memory node, so I
> expect the errors will not show up with vanilla kernel and DTB.
> FTR, the errors appear regardless of the value for U-Boot
> CONFIG_ARCH_FIXUP_FDT_MEMORY (=n is the default).
> I tried to play with different values of bootm_size (including the
> recent https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1052012/), with no success.

The reserved memory nodes are used for the FCNL, right ?
If so, then we will have to deal with it somehow. Can you debug the
problem and propose a patch ?

> I would appreciate your view on how to tackle this. TIA!
>
> Best regards,
> Eugeniu.

Marek Vasut