[U-Boot] Custom SPL for im.X6UL

Araya, Jose j.araya at sensopart.de
Fri Mar 8 16:58:34 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask what would be a good starting point to have a custom multi-stage booting for the NXP i.mx6UL processor?

Basically I need to be able to configure an FPGA before the U-Boot is executed. The reason for that is that the PGA must be configured so that the im6UL can have a physical connection to the DRAM. To clarify:

-       In the circuit, the DRAM will be multiplexed by an FPGA. If the FPGA is not configured, the imx6UL has no access to the DRAM.

-       The imx6UL has a direct SPI connection to the flash and to the FPGA, so all I need is to take the bitstream from a given location in the FLASH and load it into the FPGA, then just wait for a flag (GPIO?) saying that the FPGA was successfully configured and keep the booting process in the processor as normal.

As I haven't done yet anything similar, just wanted to know if you have any recommendations regarding where to start and some  hints to proceed.

Thanks in advance!

Bests,

Jose Moises

SensoPart Industriesensorik GmbH
Am Wiedenbach 1 | 79695 Wieden  Amtsgericht Freiburg HRB 660163
Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Dr. Theodor Wanner     [http://www.sensopart.com//images/outlook/si_sensopart.png] <http://www.sensopart.com/>         [http://www.sensopart.com//images/outlook/si_linkedin.png] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/sensopart/>        [http://www.sensopart.com//images/outlook/si_youtube.png] <https://www.youtube.com/user/SensoPart>      [http://www.sensopart.com//images/outlook/si_xing.png] <https://www.xing.com/companies/sensopartindustriesensorikgmbh>

Informationen gem. Art. 13 DSGVO f?r unsere Kunden, Partner, Lieferanten finden Sie in unserer Erkl?rung zum Datenschutz unter https://www.sensopart.com/de/datenschutz

[http://www.sensopart.com/images/outlook/mi_hmiia.png]

Besuchen Sie uns auf der
HANNOVER MESSE Industrial Automation
01. - 05.04.2019 | Halle 017, Stand E42/4