[U-Boot] mpc85xx, mpc86xx: device tree model

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Fri Mar 15 16:06:21 UTC 2019

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 05:05:06AM +0000, Prabhakar Kushwaha wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> I am seeing following type of build warnings for MMC.
>
> +===================== WARNING ======================
> +This board does not use CONFIG_DM_MMC. Please update
> +the board to use CONFIG_DM_MMC before the v2019.04 release.
> +Failure to update by the deadline may result in board removal.
> +See doc/driver-model/MIGRATION.txt for more info.
>
> Considering "number" of powerpc platform are not migrated to deice
> tree. They can not be migrated to CONFIG_DM_MMC withing v2019.04
> time-frame (considering rc4 is on 18th march).
> v2019.07 looks feasible for removing all warning which includes
> CONFIG_DM_USB, CONFIG_DM_SCSI, CONFIG_DM_PCI, CONFIG_DM_SPI_FLASH and
> CONFIG_DM_MMC.
>
> is there any plan of removing boards which don't have CONFIG_DM_MMC
> for v2019.04?

Good question.  Where exactly are we with getting more of PowerPC
brought up to date with these requirements?  I've mentioned before and
will say it again, I'm inclined to start marking stuff as 'depends on
BROKEN' for a release and then pulling the underlying code (so in this
case, non-DM code from drivers/mmc/mmc.c and other MMC-core) for the
release following.

--
Tom