[U-Boot] Sunxi H5 and CONFIG_ENV_IS_IN_MMC problem

Jack Mitchell ml at embed.me.uk
Sun Mar 17 09:17:17 UTC 2019

On 16/03/2019 14:07, g4 at novadsp.com wrote:
> Greetings
>
> Our board has an AllWinner H5 with SPI flash and eMMC. Since SPI flash
> support for 'saveenv' is not currently mainline, I thought I'd simply use
> one of the eMMC boot blocks to persist the environment. However I keep
> running into image size problems [1]
>
> Not being a U-Boot ninja, the defconfig [2] is about as minimal as I believe
> I can make it. (Network support is required for TFTP/NFS operations) Does
> the panel have any suggestions for getting the desired configuration built?
>
> MTIA.
>
> Jerry.

Hey Jerry,

Take a look at the final defconfig once you've run 'make
yourboard_defconfig' in order to see if there is anything specific you
disable. Your current defconfig is very minimal but a lot of things will
be turned on by default and you should look at specifically switching
them off in order to reduce the size.

Cheers,
Jack.