[U-Boot] WaRP7 nok on master

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Thu May 2 14:08:10 UTC 2019

Hi Lukas,

On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 7:21 AM Auer, Lukas
<lukas.auer at aisec.fraunhofer.de> wrote:

> I was able to reproduce the issue on my side. With the patch, U-Boot
> probes the drivers for devices under simple-bus device tree nodes in
> the pre-relocation device model. The default value of
> CONFIG_SYS_MALLOC_LEN (0x400) leaves U-Boot with not enough memory to
> do this, causing it to hang. If it is increased, for example to 0x1000,
> everything works again.
>
> Let me know, how you want to fix this. If you want, I can send a patch
> to increase CONFIG_SYS_MALLOC_LEN for the i.MX parts.

I guess you mean CONFIG_SYS_MALLOC_F_LEN instead?

Could you please send a patch setting CONFIG_SYS_MALLOC_F_LEN as
0x2000 by default for i.MX?

0x1000 seems not to be enough:
http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=commitdiff;h=8b9cba0295dcdce5eb8bb10d79f6dafb5a167349;hp=b7de88cd5cb8c213fb158b37fcf0662c1d2332cd