[U-Boot] DM for ci_udc

Lukasz Majewski lukma at denx.de
Mon May 6 12:17:54 UTC 2019

Hi Sven, Marek, Jean-Jacques,

> On 5/6/19 12:12 PM, Sven Schwermer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I’m running into linking issues when enabling CONFIG_DM_USB_GADGET
> > with CONFIG_CI_UDC because dm_usb_gadget_handle_interrupts is not
> > available. That made me look into what’s required to port ci_udc to
> > driver model. I have a few conceptual questions about this:
> >
> > 1. Some other USB gadget drivers (dwc3-generic, ti-musb) seem to
> > create a wrapper driver that binds either the gadget or the
> > host-mode driver to the USB device, depending on the configured
> > mode. Is this the desired approach?

I think that we shall follow the already in-tree pattern.
Jean-Jacques Hiblot (CC'ed) did a great job on porting / developing
this code (moreover there is a u-boot command - bind/unbind which allows
binding usb devices)

> > 2. I’m working with a i.MX6 (7) device so the host-mode driver is
> > ehci-mx6, but I’ve seen that ci_udc is also used with other
> > host-mode drivers. How would a wrapper work in this case where
> > there are multiple possible host-mode drivers but one gadget driver?

As fair as I understood the "bind/unbind" command would allow you to do
it [1]. Jean-Jacques am I right here ?

> > 3. Any tips and hints are welcome :)

I can offer myself as a tester for imx6q (as I do have a few of them
queued for the DM/DTS conversion).

> +CC Lukasz, UDC is his stuff.

Note:
[1] - https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2018-June/333105.html