[U-Boot] Support for i.MX8QM Boards with SCFW and ATF

Oliver Graute oliver.graute at gmail.com
Tue May 14 08:10:40 UTC 2019

Hello,

I have a new i.MX8QM based board here and I'am interested to get it work
with u-boot. Now its starting with NXP flavored u-boot-imx.

CPU:   Freescale i.MX8QM revB A53 at 1200 MHz at 48C
Model: Advantech iMX8QM Qseven series
Board: ROM-7720 A1

These boards needs some ARM trusted Firmware (ATF) and System Controll
Firmware (SCFW) to boot.

SCFW(scfw_tcm.bin) + ATF(bl31.bin) + uboot ----> imx-boot

How far is this supported by u-boot yet? I saw some patches in this
direction on the list already.

Somebody else have this or similar MX8QM based boards and know howto get
t to work with u-boot and which nxp patches needs porting?

Best regards,

Oliver