[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2019.07-rc2 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Wed May 15 19:59:52 UTC 2019

Hey all,

It's 2 days past release day, oops, and here is v2019.07-rc2.   I think
we're largely in good shape, but there's some big things to address
still.

Things that we need to address are what to do about the code that has
gone past the DM migration.  What I've said elsewhere is that I want to
disable building of the code for a release, and remove it in a following
release.  How close are we to being able to do that?  Well, Jagan
started out a series for SPI that did most of what I wanted but didn't
stop building the code.  I've taken that and reworked it so we don't
build the code in question, but do build the platforms.  The only thing
right now preventing me from posting it, aside from one last world build
(which is in progress) is that it really will make a lot of PowerPC
platforms build-but-useless.  I don't think there's a good option to
pick from here but I am hopeful we'll see at least a few platforms
updated and converted after this happens.

In terms of a changelog,
git log --merges v2019.07-rc1..v2019.07-rc2
looks pretty good but the content there varies based on what was given
to me in the PR.  So please, the more details in the request the better!

I'm planning on doing -rc3 on the 27th of May with -rc4 on June 10th and
-rc5 on June 24th with the release scheduled on July 8th.  Thanks all!

--
Tom