[U-Boot] Regarding usage of e1000 driver with our device tree in U-boot.

Terry Thiburcius tthiburcius at extron.com
Thu May 16 16:34:17 UTC 2019

I have accustom hardware uses IMX6q which has a intel i210 ethernet controller connected to PCIE of IMX6Q , I had configured the PCIE in Kernel and enabled the e1000 driver , I am able to enumerate the controller ping works fine, etc.
whereas when I try to configure the controller and PCIE in UBoot, I see PCI driver listing the devices but the ethernet controller is not seen in the "NET:" looks like the e1000 driver is not getting linked to built-in.o
 Can someone help me with the correct configuration of the uboot for PCIE and e1000. (I am not using driver model, I am configuring my 2017 in the legacy way.
 Below is my Uboot log
 U-Boot 2017.03 (May 14 2019 - 14:22:34 -0700)
CPU:   Freescale i.MX6Q rev1.5 996 MHz (running at 792 MHz)
CPU:   Automotive temperature grade (-40C to 125C) at 55C
Reset cause: POR
Board: iMX6q Sbare-SD
I2C:   ready
DRAM:  2 GiB
spi setup
 i2C INIT :
PMIC:  PFUZE100 ID=0x10
MMC:   FSL_SDHC: 0, FSL_SDHC: 1, FSL_SDHC: 2
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment
PCI:
  00:01.0     - 16c3:abcd - Bridge device
   01:00.0    - 8086:1533 - Network controller
No panel detected: default to Hannstar-XGA
Display: Hannstar-XGA (1024x768)
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
switch to partitions #0, OK
mmc0 is current device
Net:   FEC
Normal Boot
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
=> pci
Scanning PCI devices on bus 0
BusDevFun  VendorId   DeviceId   Device Class       Sub-Class
00.01.00   0x16c3     0xabcd     Bridge device           0x04
Cannot read bus configuration: -1
=> pci 1
Scanning PCI devices on bus 1
BusDevFun  VendorId   DeviceId   Device Class       Sub-Class
01.00.00   0x8086     0x1533     Network controller      0x00
Cannot read bus configuration: -1
 => pci header 1
  vendor ID =                   0x16c3
  device ID =                   0xabcd
  command register ID =         0x0007
  status register =             0x0010
  revision ID =                 0x01
  class code =                  0x06 (Bridge device)
  sub class code =              0x04
  programming interface =       0x00
  cache line =                  0x08
  latency time =                0x00
  header type =                 0x01
  BIST =                        0x00
  base address 0 =              0x01000000
  base address 1 =              0x00000000
  primary bus number =          0x00
  secondary bus number =        0x01
  subordinate bus number =      0x01
  secondary latency timer =     0x00
  IO base =                     0x00
  IO limit =                    0x00
  secondary status =            0x0000
  memory base =                 0x0120
  memory limit =                0x0120
  prefetch memory base =        0x1000
  prefetch memory limit =       0x0000
  prefetch memory base upper =  0x00000000
  prefetch memory limit upper = 0x00000000
  IO base upper 16 bits =       0x0000
  IO limit upper 16 bits =      0x0000
  expansion ROM base address =  0x01100000
  interrupt line =              0xff
  interrupt pin =               0x01
  bridge control =              0x0000

Thanks and Regards
Terry

Statement Of Confidentiality:

This electronic message transmission, and all attachments, contains information from Extron Electronics which is confidential and privileged. The information is for the exclusive viewing or use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by a "reply to sender only" message and destroy all electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.