[U-Boot] RSA in U-Boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri May 17 08:47:56 UTC 2019

Dear Akashi Takahiro,

In message <20190517001206.GX11160 at linaro.org> you wrote:

> > Who: usually the responsible custodians
>
> "Custodians" don't always mean sub-system maintainers. Right?

It's just a different name for the same thing.

> In fact, I have already imported relevant kernel code into U-Boot
> and it now works perfectly with my experimental UEFI secure boot patch,
> but see the total size (and numbers) of files imported is quite big.
> I wonder who is willing to maintain them:

Well, if you compare for example against  libressl-portable , then
this git repository has 180 files with more than 20,000 lines.
We are adding a lot of functionality, and anyone who wants to use
this will have to pay the price.  But this is what I mentioned
before:  I think the kernel code has already been tweaked with an
eye on resource consumption, while standard public libraries have
not.

The kernel code may be big, but I would be surprised if there are
smaller and leaner alternatives with similar quality?

As for who is willing to maintain it: I have no idea.  Usually it
turns out to be the original implementoer / who pushed the code
upstream into U-Boot.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
miracle:  an  extremely  outstanding  or  unusual  event,  thing,  or
accomplishment.                                - Webster's Dictionary